Friday, August 12, 2011

The Nickname Game. Junior, Junebug, Little E, Dale Jr...all one in the same!

   
     As a part of NASCAR nation, fans get involved with their favorite driver to the point where it becomes personal. We eat, drink and breath our drivers. We have everything from toothbrushes, suntan lotion, and embroidered toilet paper carrying their names. (Oh wait...or is that just me?) One thing that has always amazed me is the nicknames fans come up with for drivers. Now, I have my own names for my favorites Kasey Kahne and Brad Keselowski (Kaseyboo and Bradybear, I know...odd!) so I don't find it odd at all. I just love exploring the different names fans and the media come up with over time.
     Everyone knows the everyday "Smoke" for 2 time champion Tony Stewart, "Happy Harvick" for rebel Kevin Harvick, "Bradass" for Brad Keselowski and "Junebug", "Little E" and many more for the sports most popular driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr.
     My personal favorites though are the ones that come from fans. @Cruetten calls Juan Pablo Montoya "Cigar", while @VickersGirlAsh calls Ricky Steinhouse Jr. "Ricky Ticky". Some you will never understand like @KaseysGirlBritt, who calls Denny Hamlin "Hammy" and "DaHam" and @VickersGirlAsh who chooses to call Brian Vickers "Ice Cream". (The ones that make little to no sense are my personal favorites!). Some come from anger or hatred of or towards a driver. @VickersGirlAsh gave Kurt Busch the name of "Double Douche", regardless of the fact that she says she still likes him. :) @Ampdog88 showed off his dislike for both the Busch drivers, calling them the "Busch Sisters" and Kyle "Kyle Poutybusch" and "Pee Wee".  Finally, some just sound cool, like @Cruetten calling Brad Keselowski "Polish Express".
     We may not understand them, we may not approve of them, nor may we like them, but the nicknames for drivers pile up over the years. But what ever you choose to call your driver whether its "Pee Wee" or "BradyBear", we all know that gaining a nickname in this sport, most of the time, is an honor, that most of the drivers, media, and fans love!

Thanks to my Twitter friends, @Cruetten , @VickersGirlAsh , @KaseysGirlBritt , @Ampdog88 for there nicknames! Everyone follow them on twitter by searching the names listed! :)
Follow me on twitter also @BradassKrazy4KK !
Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment